OUR CALENDAR

Thursday, September 15, 2011

ARIZONA'S HOSPITAL VISIT


Arizona has recently returned to school after having her tonsils out.  She wrote this story to share the experience with us.

Operation Day

Butterflies swirled in my tummy suddenly, as I began my journey to the hospital.  Waiting quietly in the waiting room I was wondering, "Was my name going to be called next?"  Goose bumps were ready to race up my spine as the nurse put the surgery wrist band on me.  I ran to the changing rooms to put on the hospital PJs.  I walked terrified to the theatre and it wasn't long before they put the gas mask over my face - 10,9,8 ...  I drifted off to sleep.

After my operation I woke up in the recovery room.  I got moved to the children's ward where there were two others - Jayden and Tilly.  The ice cream and jelly was the best part of the day.

By Arizona 

2 comments:

  1. Eww! Arizona! I hope that's not your tonsils in that little bag you're holding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't even see what's in the bag, it's too far away....maybe you could put a close-up photo on!
    From Aunty Melissa

    ReplyDelete